Holy Trinity Primary School
A Church of England Academy
Savile Park Road
Governors seek to appoint an enthusiastic and caring person to join the staff team in our well-established Christian school.
32.5 hours per week
Scale 4 (SCP 7)
We are looking for a flexible, committed and reliable caretaker to work 7.00am-2.00pm term time (8am – 3pm in school holidays). Please note there will be some paid additional hours (eve / weekends), with prior agreement, to support the business of the school. Own holidays must be taken during school holidays.
Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance and security of the school site and plant.
Duties to include, but not restricted to:
- Co-ordination and supervision of contractors on site.
- Keyholder allocation
- Organisation of all Maintenance and Health & Safety records, and schedule of audits, checks and testing
- Effective organisation and prioritisation of minor repairs and maintenance tasks
- Organise school rooms for special events and out of hours lettings
- Keeping up to date with cleaning products and techniques
- Management of hygiene and caretakers’ budgets
- To undertake refuse disposal and re-cycling
- Carry out security procedures in line with the school security policy
- Ensure high levels of hygiene and cleaning are maintained throughout school at all times
- ‘Handy Man’ duties where appropriate training has been given, and correct equipment provided in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website and completed applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 28 August 2019. Interviews will be held in the week beginning 2nd September.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will be subject to a criminal record check (Enhanced Disclosure) from the Criminal Records Bureau before the appointment is confirmed.